Criteria for Awarding the NASAP Diplomate in Adlerian Psychology:
1. Education: minimum of a Masters Degree (or its equivalent) in the career field of the applicant, e.g. Counseling, Education, Business Administration, Social Work, Sociology, Medicine, Psychology, Theology.
2. NASAP Affiliation: 8 years as a General Member of NASAP ( need not be consecutive). The candidate must be a general member at the time of application and must continue membership at the general level to maintain this designation.
3. Adlerian Training: 90 hours of documented study or training in Adlerian Psychology. This requirement may be met in various ways including any combination of the following adding up to minimum of 90 hours:
• Completion of the current NASAP Certificate of Study Program.
• Graduation from a recognized Adlerian-based Institution: School, University Department or Institute, e.g. Bowie State, The Adler Schools, AIAS, AAI-San Francisco.
• 90 hours documented in any of the following professional training experiences:
Attendance of Adlerian Based Programs, Workshops or Classes from a recognized School, Institute, or Continuing Education Provider, e.g. NASAP Convention, Regional Conference, Adlerian Institute, ICASSI, the International Conference.
• 90 hours of documented participation in one to one or small group supervision with a qualified Adlerian-based professional.
4. Application of Adlerian Psychology: minimum of 8 years applying Adlerian Psychology within one's career field.
5. Adlerian Presentations as evidenced by the presentation (or co-presentation) of a minimum of 4 Adlerian-based programs or workshops at a NASAP Conference or other professional conference. It is expected that the presentations be in diverse content areas.
6. Adlerian Publications: contributing to Adlerian literature by authoring (or co-authoring) a minimum of 2 Adlerian oriented publications, e.g. journal articles, chapters, books, videos.
7. Contribution to the Growth and Development of Adlerian Psychology : minimum of 3 years of leadership in local, national, or international Adlerian activities or organizations, e.g. participation in NASAP governance, official involvement in local, regional or international Adlerian organizations.
Application and Award Process:
✓ To obtain an application DOWNLOAD HERE or call, write, fax or email NASAP and request a “Diplomate Application”.
✓ Fee: $250 one time application fee (there are no additional or renewal fees; however, continued membership in NASAP is a requirement).
✓ Members awarded the Diplomate in Adlerian Psychology will receive a Diplomate Certificate, be recognized in the “NASAP News” and at the NASAP Annual Conference.
Send Application and fee to: NASAP, 429 E. Dupont Road, #276, Fort Wayne, IN 46825
E-mail: email@example.com FAX: 260-818-2098